One of the most common plastic surgery procedures is breast augmentation. The purpose of the procedure is to change the appearance of the woman’s breasts. Our surgeon in Sydney uses implants filled with gel or fluid to increase the fullness or the size of the breasts. A lot of women decide to have this surgery because they are not happy with the appearance of one or both breasts. A woman may decide to have this procedure because one breast is obviously larger than the other, the size and volume of the breasts have been impacted by weight loss, or childbirth has changed the appearance and size of the breasts. Each woman has extremely personal reasons for choosing to have breast augmentation. It is extremely important the woman wants to have the procedure for herself. The best candidates for this breast augmentation surgery include:
• Physically healthy women who are not currently breastfeeding or pregnant
• Women feeling self-conscious because they believe their breasts are too small
• Breasts with an elongated shape or abnormal development
• Dissatisfaction with the empty appearance of the upper portion of the breasts
• Women with realistic expectations
• Women uncomfortable due to asymmetrical breasts
• Women whose breasts have fully developed
• Dissatisfaction with the loss of volume and shape due to pregnancy, aging or the loss of weight
Women in Sydney need to talk to a surgeon regarding their options for breast augmentation. Silicone implants contain an elastic gel and saline implants contain salt water. The surgeon will determine which type of implant will work best for each woman. Prior to the surgery, the surgeon will most likely take pictures to compare with the appearance of your breasts after surgery. You may need to have a baseline mammogram for comparison with mammograms performed after your procedure. This is additionally a good way to ensure there are no suspicious areas the surgeon was unaware of. During your initial consultation, the procedure will be fully explained by the surgeon. It is important to ask any questions you have during this consultation. If you do not understand something, ask for clarification.
You need to inform the surgeon if you have any allergies or sensitivities to any medications, general or local anesthesia, tape or latex. If you believe you may be pregnant or are pregnant, it is critical that you inform the surgeon because you will not be a candidate for this procedure. You need to follow the directions you will be given for drinking and eating prior to your surgery. If you smoke, you need to stop a minimum of four weeks prior to and after your surgery. You must tell the surgeon if you have ever had a bleeding disorder or are taking an anticoagulant to thin your blood, any medications that impact blood clotting, ibuprofen or aspirin. You will need to discontinue these medications before your procedure. You need to inform our surgeon in Sydney of all prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, supplements, vitamins and herbs you are currently using.
You need to arrange a ride home with a friend or family member after your surgery. In most cases, you will not remain in the hospital overnight. The other instructions you receive will be based on the specifics of your surgery and your medical condition. Your surgery will be performed in an outpatient facility or a hospital. You may be given general anesthesia to ensure you are asleep during your procedure or breasts may be numbed using local anesthesia intravenously. In most instances, there is a basic process used for breast augmentation. This includes:
• You will be instructed to remove your jewelry, clothing and any objects with the potential to interfere with your surgery.
• Once you have taken off your clothing, you will be provided with a gown to wear for your surgery.
• A nurse or medical professional will start an IV in either your hand or your arm.
• You will be placed on the operating table on your back.
You will receive medication through your IV prior to the procedure to ensure you are comfortable and relaxed. You will be awake during your surgery, feeling sleepy and pain free. When local anesthesia is used, there will be a tube for your nose providing you with oxygen. You may be given general anesthesia as opposed to local. In this instance, you will be asleep for the entire procedure with a breathing tube in your lungs. A sterile, antiseptic solution will be used to clean the skin of your surgical site.
The placement of your implants is through the incision. The surgeon may slide the implant underneath your pectoral muscle or underneath your breast tissue. The surgeon will determine the best place to create a pocket according to your preferences and your body. Stitches, surgical tape or skin adhesive will be used to close your incision. The surgeon may place a small drainage tube to prevent the collection of fluid during your period of healing. After your surgery, you will be taken to a recovery area.
It is extremely important you begin walking after your surgery as quickly as possible. The surgeon will most likely remove your drains and dressing a few days after your breast augmentation in Sydney. Once your dressings have been removed, you will probably receive a support bra to help with your recovery period. Your adhesive or stitches should be removed in approximately one week. Within a few days, you will be able to gradually resume your regular daily activities. The surgeon will inform you when it is safe to resume specific activities or go back to work.
The Steps for Breast Augmentation in Sydney
• The first step for breast augmentation in Sydney is the administration of medications to ensure you are comfortable during your surgery. The surgeon will decide between general anesthesia and intravenous sedation based on which choice is best for your specific needs.
• The second step is the incision. This is placed in an inconspicuous area to ensure any scarring will be fairly well hidden. You will discuss the options for incisions with the surgeon prior to your breast augmentation procedure, according to your desired goals. The options include the periareolar incision placed along the edge of the areola, the axillary incision placed in the armpit and the inframammary fold placed beneath your breast. The type of incision will vary according to how much enlargement you desire, the kind of breast implant, your preference in addition to that of the surgeon and your anatomy.
• The third step is the insertion and placement of the breast implant. Once the incision has been made, a pocket is used for the placement of your implant. This will be either a submuscular placement beneath your pectoral muscle or submammary/ subglandular over your pectoral muscle and behind your breast tissue. The insertion method is based on the kind of implant, the amount of enlargement, the recommendation of the surgeon and your body type.
• The fourth step is closing your incisions, often using stitches in your breast tissue and surgical tape or skin adhesive to close your skin.
• The last step is viewing your results, which are visible immediately.
As time passes, there will be changes in your breasts due to gravity, aging, hormonal influences and fluctuations in weight. You may decide to restore a younger-looking contour in the future with an implant exchange or a breast lift.
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation in Sydney
A breast augmentation is about a lot more than improving your body. The physical changes are obvious, but there are social and psychological benefits as well. Studies have revealed the psychological benefits are just as real as the physical improvements. Some of the best benefits of this procedure include:
• The procedure will add curves and volume to your breasts. Some women develop breasts that are naturally flat and small. This may not enhance their physique with their desired curves. One of the benefits of breast augmentation is the additional volume along the top of your breasts. Not only will this add curves and volume to your silhouette, you will feel more feminine and voluptuous. The procedure will provide you with the look you want whether your goal is to move up in cup size, have your clothing reveal additional curves or simply fill out the top of your bikini.
• One of the most important concepts is confidence. After breast augmentation in Sydney you will feel better about the appearance of your breasts. Numerous individuals do not realize when one part of the body is improved, the result is more satisfaction with the body as a whole. When the concerns regarding your breasts have been eliminated, you will feel happier and more complete. When you decide to make a change in your appearance, do not be surprised if you feel empowered. This is one of numerous reasons cosmetic surgery has become more and more popular. This procedure will enable you to take control of both your life and your body. You will be taking charge of your body, reaching for your desires and changing your life. This type of assertiveness is powerful, will increase your self-esteem and make you see yourself in an entirely new way.
The procedure will help you handle any issues you have with your body. Women with micromastia or underdeveloped breasts or asymmetrical breasts, where the breasts have different sizes or shapes feel more comfortable with their appearance after breast augmentation in Sydney. The augmentation enables women to not only deal with any issues pertaining to their breasts but to permanently overcome them. Feeling attractive and having more self-confidence makes a positive difference in life every day in addition to providing numerous benefits.
The best benefit of breast augmentation is the boost of self-confidence after surgery often triggers a health improvement. According to the latest research and studies, there is a link between poor health and low self-esteem. This means if you feel better about the way you look, you can not only improve your health but create a more stable and fulfilling life.
• Another benefit is correcting asymmetrical breasts. Every woman has breast asymmetry to some degree. This is so apparent in some women, the difference in the size of the breasts makes it difficult to shop for bathing suits and bras. Numerous women are embarrassed by the noticeable difference in size. This surgery is an excellent opportunity to provide balance for naturally uneven breasts. Due to the choices available in the size, profile, and shape available with the implants, women are able to ensure both breasts are the same size. This makes it easy to find clothing, bathing suits and bras with a proper fit.
• Restoring breasts affected by aging or after pregnancy is important to many women. There is no doubt that pregnancy has an impact on the body of the mother. This is especially true of the breasts. In many instances, the result is sagging breasts with much less volume. This impact can increase if the woman breastfed her baby. Even if the women chose not to have any children, the aging process and gravity can cause similar changes. This procedure is an excellent opportunity to restore the volume that was lost for perkier and younger-looking breasts.
• Not only can the surgery increase the size of the breasts, it can increase the size of the wardrobe. Many women feel comfortable wearing clothing they did not wear prior to the procedure. The surgery helps women look fantastic in fashions such as V-necklines and form-fitting clothing. Adding more volume to the breasts makes a lot of clothing fit better. Lifts and implants provide the body with a better proportion. A woman with smaller breasts and wider hips often feels their body appears too heavy or unbalanced on the bottom. The creation of larger breasts helps provide symmetry and balance. This provides the woman with the ability to wear whatever clothing she chooses, look great and feel wonderful.
The surgery provides the woman with a boost of confidence and enables her to feel good about the clothing she chooses to wear. The additional assertiveness and confidence often make a tremendous difference in the way she feels, her social life and her romantic life.
• One of the most emotionally and physically difficult diseases to cope with is breast cancer. Although a mastectomy often saves the life of the woman, she can be left feeling empty and unattractive. This procedure can be performed with a saline or silicone breast implant or the natural body tissue of the woman. Not only does this restore the breasts, the survivors of breast cancer usually regain their confidence enabling them to feel good about their appearance again.
• One of the best benefits is the boost of self-confidence. A lot of women are lacking in confidence and feel as though they are inferior due to the appearance of their breasts. This procedure increases confidence and enables the woman to feel good about the way she looks including in swimming attire. If you are interested in a breast augmentation, consider us here at My Cosmetic Clinic. We are conveniently located in Newcastle, Baulkman Hills, Botany, Crows Nest, Erina, Frenchs Forest, Newcastle, Nowra, Wollongong, and we serve residents throughout Sydney. Contact us today to schedule your consultation!